Seasons Retreat Center: Kalamazoo Community Group Use
As part of our mission to help build the spiritual foundation for a loving world, the Fetzer Institute offers in-kind use of its retreat center, Seasons, to 501(c)(3) nonprofits based in Kalamazoo County.
Located on the Institute’s campus, Seasons was constructed to support a deepened dialogue that enriches the work we gather to do together. This way of working connects our inner work (going deeper into one’s own beliefs and values) with our outer actions (bringing those values alive to make the world a more loving place).
If you and your group are seeking a space to support inquiry and reflection in the work you do together, Seasons may be just the place.
What we offer
- Seasons Meeting Room (ideal for both group work and individual/small group work)
- Space for up to 25 people
- Up to two consecutive days of use
- Use of AV system
- Basic materials: flip charts, markers, notepads, pens
- Morning and afternoon refreshments and coffee/tea service
- Lunch service from noon to 1:15 p.m.
The above accommodations are available at no charge.
We ask that groups please do not bring in additional food or refreshments or bring pets. Service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome.
What we invite
We intend our work with community groups to be an expression of "sacred hospitality." We strive to create space for hope, care, and refuge for each other and the work we are supporting; to find ways to hold and host space for the sacred; and to bring our hearts to our time together.
- Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (with departures by 5 p.m.)
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (with departures by noon)
Requesting a reservation
If Seasons feels right for your group, please complete our Reservation Request Form.
- Submit your reservation request at least eight weeks in advance of your desired dates.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your request by email within two business days.
- We offer one reservation (if available) per organization per calendar year so that we can be equitable with this resource. Exceptions may be considered for large, multi-departmental organizations.